Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery is a procedure that involves removing excess skin and tissue on the abdomen. The procedure that is also known as a mummy makeover is among the top 5 most popular cosmetic surgeries in the world. An abdominoplasty has various benefits including boosting the patient’s self-esteem and offering a more youthful and appealing appearance. Women often describe their tummy tuck experience as fulfilling and extremely satisfactory.
If you too are considering getting tummy tuck surgery to enhance your body shape, you are probably facing a plethora of questions. Is tummy tuck surgery really worth it? Am I a good candidate? What should I expect after the surgery?
Don’t worry! In this article, you can find the answers to most of your questions regarding abdominoplasty. Read along to get a grasp of what the surgery entails. If you have more questions to ask, check out Dr. Shahbazi’s website and start your free online consultation right now.
What is tummy tuck surgery and how is it performed?
Abdominoplasty is the perfect solution to get a smooth belly and sculpted waistline. According to Dr Shahbazi, the surgery involves making a long incision across the bikini line. Then, the surgeon will lift your skin to get access to the underlying muscles and fat. Based on your expectations from the surgery, the surgeon tightens the muscles removes any excess tissue or skin that is causing sagging belly. Finally, some adjustments will be made to the skin and the belly button. You will be put under general anesthesia and won’t feel anything throughout the entire process.
It is also important to note that the surgery can also be performed for those with minor sagging in a procedure known as a mini tummy tuck.
How can I benefit from tummy tuck surgery?
You are probably wondering why tummy tuck is so popular among women. Here are a few of the advantages of tummy tuck surgery that are tempting people to have it done:
- It can reverse the negative effects of pregnancy and childbearing.
- It can help get rid of the drooping belly after significant weight loss
- Tummy tuck is a great way to get a flat belly as it lifts the skin
- It restores the youthful and toned appearance of your body.
Can I have tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck is a satisfactory procedure and is growing in popularity throughout the world. However just as with any other type of surgery, there are certain factors that you should consider before going under the knife.
- It is recommended to have an abdominoplasty after having children since pregnancy can seriously damage the positive results of the surgery.
- Know that abdominoplasty is not a weight loss surgery. As much as it can offer toned muscles, a flat stomach, and tightened skin, it cannot help weight loss.
- You should be in a good overall health. Dr Shahbazi’s team always asks for the patients’ medical records and family history to ensure he or she will have a safe and satisfactory procedure.
Tips to know for a successful tummy tuck surgery
- Educate yourself: Make sure you know all about the surgery, its risks, candidacy, etc. When in doubt, always seek professional advice from experts.
- Have a stable weight: Go for abdominoplasty surgery when you feel you are close to your ideal weight. As mentioned earlier, tummy tuck surgery is not a weight loss procedure.
- Get ready for what comes next: As an invasive surgical procedure, tummy tuck surgery can with unwanted things. For example, you will have to get used to the thin scar line that will permanently be left on your bikini line. Also, you will probably have surgical drains attached to your abdomen for a couple of days. Most importantly, make sure to have everything taken care of for almost a year of the recovering process.