Liposuction or liposculpture is a non-invasive but extremely effective body enhancement procedure. After the surgery, most patients report more than 70% of satisfaction, achieving their ideal body shape and contour. Although the end-result is considered appealing to patients, the surgery is still likely to be followed by potential complications and side effects. As a result, patients often wonder whether they really need to undergo liposuction surgery and if liposuction is really worth it. To have an accurate analysis of the surgery before opting for it, you should start weighing up the risks against the benefits and make a sound decision. Here is all you need to know in terms of liposuction, its pros vs cons and whether it’s worth it.
How is liposuction performed?
Liposuction involves removing the excess fat from certain areas on the body, including the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and arms. Usually, it takes about less than an hour and entails no more than 2-6 small incisions. During the procedure, the surgeon uses a cannula that is a small and thin tube through which the excess fat will be suctioned out. But before inserting the cannula into the skin, the underlying fat should be broken down (liquefy) so that it is easier to be suctioned. The process of breaking down the fat deposits can be performed either through the traditional method or by using ultrasound.
When is liposuction needed?
Many patients who are excessively overweight or obese are often misunderstood about liposuction surgery. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. Meaning, you should not think of it as a non-invasive and quick approach to losing weight. However, the procedure can be extremely helpful for those who are looking to enhance their body, highlighting their favorite features and removing the fat deposits on the areas that are considered unappealing. So, if you want to improve and contour your body shape and are not seeking weight loss, liposuction surgery can be the best option out there. Continue reading to learn more about the procedure.
Benefits of liposuction
- The removed fat won’t return: Liposuction removes the fat deposits which include fat cells. Since the number of fat cells is fixed, the fat is unlikely to return. Instead, it will accumulate in some other area in the body.
- You can get rid of the stubborn fat: No matter how hard you work out or what kind of vigorous diet you go on, there are certain fat deposits that do not seem to go away. Liposuction is definitely recommended for such body parts as it can quickly offer the result you have in mind.
- It can help contour the shape of your body: We know how terrible it feels when you try to fit into a tight dress and the unevenness shows itself. By going through liposuction, you can say goodbye to the unnecessary fat and fit in your favorite clothes.
- You can use your own fat for further enhancement: There is a reason why liposuction is also known as liposculpture. The fat grafted from one body part can actually be used to enhance another. For example, you can ask your surgeon to enhance your breast shape using the fat suctioned out from the arms.
Risks of liposuction
- The side effects of the liposuction procedure usually don’t subside sooner than 12-20 weeks. During the recovery period, you might experience bruising and numbing in the area of the surgery. Also, some side effects of the anesthesia such as vomiting are inevitable.
- Although less invasive than most surgeries, liposuction is usually followed by slight scarring as a result of the small incisions that are made during the procedure.
- Thrombophlebitis is one of the potential complications of liposuction surgery. That is, blood clots appear in the veins, causing them to be inflamed.
Liposuction is a popular and effective procedure for those who wish to enhance their body shape. Most liposuction patients at doctor Shahbazi’s office report that they immediately feel more confident after the liposculpture procedure. Also, with the latest developments in the liposuction technology, the risks of the procedure are exceedingly minimalized. At Dr Shahbazi’s clinic, for instance, the latest and most developed devices are uses, offering a safe and satisfactory operation. Generally speaking, you won’t have to worry about the potential risks of the procedure. If you feel like it can help boost your confidence and help you feel good in your skin, the surgery is definitely worth it.